My photos on Flickr
Society of Penny’s Cartooned Friends
Stuff I’ve already done
Join 21 other subscribers
1. One book that changed your life: You know, I don’t think I’ve ever read a book that changed my life. I read to be entertained and I read a LOT of books. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee meant a lot to me though.
2. One book that you’ve read more than once: All the Chronicles of Narnia by CS Lewis. And The Hobbit by JRR Tolkein.
3. One book you’d want on a desert island: 1,000 Places to see before you die (I’m an optimist!).
4. One book that made you laugh: Catch 22 by Joseph Heller. I had to physically put it down in order to stop laughing.
5. One book that made you cry: Marley and Me by John Grogan. Balled my eyes out when I finished it.
6. One book that you wish had been written: The User Guide to a certain ex-boyfriend of mine.
7. One book you wish had never been written: Snow Falling on Cedars by David Guterson. A book that so many people said I should read, and I couldn’t finish it. I hated every word I read.
8. One book you’re currently reading: White Teeth by Zadie Smith.
9. One book you’ve been meaning to read: I started reading Nelson Mandela’s autobiography (Long Walk to Freedom) years ago and found it really hard going. I should finish it one day.
<>snow falling on cedars<> is a weird book — guterson is a weird person in general. i liked the book but i also have ties to the northwest so it was partly a geography thing for me.