End of Year MeMe
December 27, 2008Posted by on
1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
Saw polar bears in the wild
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next this year?
No, I don’t make resolutions.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes, Barb had a baby boy called Squishy. Sorry, I mean Samuel.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No, thank goodness.
5. What countries did you visit?
USA, Canada, Singapore
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
Nothing that I can think of… I’m pretty lucky
7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Oddly… none come to mind
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Maybe 2008 wasn’t a great year – I don’t remember achieving anything significant
9. What was your biggest failure?
Cutting back on the chocolate
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Yes, RSI in my right elbow, fixed only by never using a computer again (ha!)
11. What was the best thing you bought?
My Christian Louboutin shoes
12. Where did most of your money go?
Shoes… no, our holiday and the mortgages
13. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Seeing the polar bears
14. What song will always remind you of 2008?
Love Song by Sarah Bareilles
15. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder?
b) thinner or fatter?
about the same, at least it’s not fatter
c) richer or poorer?
richer, in many ways
16. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Exercise. Actually that’s a lie, I hate exercise and I don’t ever want to do it
17. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Eating chocolate lol
18. How did you spend Christmas?
::sigh:: with my family, then the boy’s family
19. Did you fall in love in 2008?
No, I was already in love and that hasn’t changed
20. What was your favorite TV program?
21. What was the best book you read?
I haven’t read very much this year… not much has inspired me
22. What was your favorite film of this year?
23. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
35, went to dinner at Rockpool and drank Krug
24. What kept you sane?
The boy, and my friends
25. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
George Clooney. The man gets better looking every year. Closely followed by Brad Pitt for the same reason
26. Who did you miss?
My grandmother. She used to make me laugh.
27. Who was the best new person you met?
Greg and Brooke, and Valerie and David