The Chrismouse Meme
December 10, 2009
Posted by on
Jan tagged me to do this Chrismouse Meme and even though I am being a total humbug about Christmas this year (it’s a long story and I’ll save it for after Christmas when I get over it) I love to do memes so here is mine!
Here are the rules:
Copy the delightful Chrismouse picture to your post.
Copy these rules and the explanation of the meme.
Link the person who tagged you.
List 12 things: either about Christmas present or memories about Christmas past (or a mixture of both)
Tag as many or as few people as you like!
And here are my 12 things about christmas: (remember I am being a humbug about Christmas this year)
- I cannot stand Christmas carols of any sort. Not a single one. And Christmas carols sung by celebrities? Give me a break.
- We don’t have a Christmas tree. The boy is fiercely against them and I fear the smacky paw of doom from Huffle Mawson, greatly reducing the life of any christmas tree.
- I do love to give presents at Christmas. I wish I could do more surprises because they always get the best reaction. Sadly, people tell me what they want most of the time.
- The best thing about Polish Christmas? Pierogi.
- Being Polish, we celebrate Christmas eve rather than Christmas day.
- Vodka is ALWAYS involved in a Polish Christmas. It can get ugly 🙂
- Huffle always gets a present, wrapped up like everyone else’s. She gets them from both sets of grandparents too.
- Christmas always involves a lot of screaming and yelling between my family members. Sometimes it gets VERY heated. The joys of being Polish, I guess.
- When I was little my dad and my uncle used to take it in turns to dress up as Santa and give out the presents. They’d be quite plastered by the time the present-giving happened, so it was very funny.
- One year my aunt dressed up as Santa. I haven’t laughed so much ever.
- One year, I’d like to give Christmas a miss altogether and go away with the boy. This would cause immense family dischord and I’d probably be disowned, which is why we haven’t done it yet.
- I used to get an Advent Calendar when I was little, but now I think I’d just eat all the chocolate straight away, which isn’t the point. So I don’t bother any more.
If you want to do this meme, please feel free. I’m not going to tag anyone but if you do it, let me know so I can check out your answers too.