End of year meme
December 27, 2009Posted by on
Click here to see last year’s answers for comparison. And feel free to do this on your own blogs! Let me know if you do so I can see your answers.
1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before?
Went to New Zealand.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for
next this year?
I don’t bother with resolutions. I never keep them anyway, so what’s the point?
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
No, no new babies this year.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
New Zealand. Broome. Okay Broome is in Australia but it’s so far away it might as well be another country.
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009 ?
More french champagne.
7. What dates from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
None in particular.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Getting up every day. My bed is so cozy I hate to leave it. And getting our garden done, finally.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Do you know, I don’t think I had any major failures this year. That’s a big achievement!
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I have had probably the worst year of my life, health wise. There has been nothing majorly wrong with me, but I have suffered a lot of migraines, a severe case of gastro, too many headcolds…
11. What was the best thing you bought?
My Manolo Blahniks. My iPhone.
12. Where did most of your money go?
13. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Booking our holiday to China and Russia. Getting tickets to see George Michael in March 2010.
14. What song will always remind you of 2009?
The Boy Does Nothing by Alesha Dixon, forever known in our house as the wash up song. Listen to it and you’ll know why.
15. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder?
Just as happy as last year.
b) thinner or fatter?
About the same. Maybe a bit thinner because I was sick before Christmas and couldn’t eat for a week.
c) richer or poorer?
No poorer, but I don’t think we’re much richer. But that’s perfectly fine with me.
16. What do you wish you’d done more of?
17. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Sit on the couch.
18. How did you spend Christmas?
Christmas Eve with my family, Christmas Day with the boy’s family. I am OVER Christmas completely.
19. Did you fall in love in 2009?
No, I was already in love.
20. What was your favorite TV program?
Still loving House and NCIS. I have developed a tragic addiction to How I Met Your Mother too.
21. What was the best book you read?
Hold on while I go look at my books. Er, couldn’t really say.
22. What was your favourite film of this year?
23. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 36, and we went to dinner at Cutler & Co. It was magnificent and everyone should go there if they can.
24. What kept you sane?
Huffle Mawson. She’s so bonkers you can’t help but laugh.
25. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
George Clooney. The man gets better looking every year.
26. Who did you miss?
Nobody. My friends are still my friends.
27. Who was the best new person you met?
Dave and Melissa. Missa shares my love of shoes 🙂