My photos on Flickr
Society of Penny’s Cartooned Friends
Stuff I’ve already done
Click here to see last year’s answers for comparison. And feel free to do this on your own blogs! Let me know if you do so I can see your answers.
1. What did you do in 2010 that you’d never done before?
Went to China, Russia, Uzbekistan and Kazakhstan, and Indonesia. I wish I could say it’s the first time I’ve hiked up a volcano, but it’s not.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don’t make resolutions.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
No, but two friends are expecting babies next year now!
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
China, Russia, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Krgystan and Indonesia. Phew!
6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
A proper desk for my computer at home. The dining table is just not cutting it.
7. What dates from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
March 27. We had the chance to fly Singapore Airlines first class SUITES (yes, that required capital letters) and it was unbelievable.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Climbing to the top of Mt Bromo in Indonesia.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not climbing to the top of Mt Ijen in Indonesia.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
No injuries, and I finally got my migraines under control with the help of medication. Yay for me!
11. What was the best thing you bought?
12. Where did most of your money go?
The mortgages. Why does this seem to be a recurring theme every year?
13. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
So many things! Our holidays, seeing George Michael in concert, having an iPad…
14. What song will always remind you of 2010?
Hallelujah, by k.d. Lang. Those poptarts who keep making music with auto tune could learn a thing or two from this woman.
15. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder?
Just as happy as last year.
b) thinner or fatter?
About the same.
c) richer or poorer?
A little bit richer, in many ways
16. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Preparation for hiking up a vertical volcano path in Indonesia.
17. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Spend so much time in front of my computer.
18. How did you spend Christmas?
Christmas Eve with my family, Christmas Day with the boy’s family. I am OVER Christmas completely, and it hasn’t even happened yet.
19. Did you fall in love in 2010?
No, I was already in love.
20. What was your favorite TV program?
The Big Bang Theory. Sheldon Cooper is the best character on TV.
21. What was the best book you read?
I am Ozzy by Ozzy Osbourne. So much more entertaining than I thought it would be.
22. What was your favourite film of this year?
The Hurt Locker. It deserved every single Oscar it won.
23. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 37, and we went to dinner at Donovans. The very next day we got on a plane to Indonesia.
24. What kept you sane?
Huffle Mawson. She’s so bonkers you can’t help but laugh. And the boy.
25. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
George Clooney. I am very faithful!
26. Who did you miss?
Nobody. My friends are still my friends.
27. Who was the best new person you met?
D’ya know, I don’t think I met any new people this year. That’s a bit boring!