My photos on Flickr
Click here to see last year’s answers for comparison. And feel free to do this on your own blogs! Let me know if you do so I can see your answers.
1. What did you do in 2011 that you’d never done before?
Flew in a Piper Chieftan.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don’t make resolutions.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes, my friend Barb had her baby Ruby, and Christina had her baby Eliza.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
I didn’t leave the country this year! Shocking, I know.
6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
A decent holiday. We only had a three day break in August and I am over things completely now.
7. What dates from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
The day one of my best friends told me she had been diagnosed with breast cancer.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Moving house. You can laugh if you want.
9. What was your biggest failure?
I didn’t manage to find a new home for Teddy before the Boy got too attached. Now he’ll never leave.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
No, it was an injury-free year for once!
11. What was the best thing you bought?
My Leona Edmiston dress.
12. Where did most of your money go?
Renovating the house. An enormous money-guzzling exercise.
13. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Booking our holidays for 2012.
14. What song will always remind you of 2011?
Moves Like Jagger by Maroon 5, and for all the wrong reasons.
15. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder?
Just as happy.
b) thinner or fatter?
Slightly fatter. Don’t tell anyone.
c) richer or poorer?
Poorer. See #12 above.
16. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Holidaying, or at least taking a break from work.
17. What do you wish you’d done less of?
18. How did you spend Christmas?
Christmas Eve with my family, Christmas Day with the boy’s family.
19. Did you fall in love in 2011?
I was already in love!
20. What was your favorite TV program?
Still loving The Big Bang Theory and NCIS. Am a bit sick of House these days.
21. What was the best book you read?
I am struggling to think of which books I have read this year! Unbearable Lightness by Portia di Rossi was pretty good, and I enjoyed BossyPants by Tina Fey.
22. What was your favourite film of this year?
The King’s Speech was excellent.
23. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 38, and spent the morning firstly helping my friend (who had her mastectomy the week before) finish her Christmas shopping, then spent the afternoon packing up as we moved house the next day. We did go to Vue de Monde for dinner the night before, and it was the BEST birthday dinner ever.
24. What kept you sane?
Knowing that this move into a smaller house is just temporary, and will be totally worth it in 2012.
25. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I never fail to keep adoring George Clooney. I don’t see what all the fuss over Ryan Gosling is about.
26. Who did you miss?
Nobody. All the important people in my life are still around.
27. Who was the best new person you met?
Thinking about it, I am not sure there are any new people in my life.