My photos on Flickr
Click here to see last year’s answers for comparison. And feel free to do this on your own blogs! Let me know if you do so I can see your answers.
1. What did you do in 2012 that you’d never done before?
I decided that, with one particular friend, I would stop making all the effort and see if she stepped up to the plate. She did not, for the record.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don’t make resolutions.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My friend Melissa had her second child just last week, but I don’t know if it counts as she and her family live in Singapore and we’ve only seen them once this year.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
We lost Huffle Mawson while we were away in Papua New Guinea. Horrible time.
5. What countries did you visit?
Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore and Papua New Guinea.
6. What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012?
Room to move in my house.
7. What dates from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
October 25, we bought our new house!
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Buying a new house.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Getting our (now sacked) builder to actually finish the job he started.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I had a throat infection and an eye infection at the same time. That was especially unfun.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Our new house!
12. Where did most of your money go?
The new house :(
13. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Moving into our new house. It’s pathetic, you would think no-one had ever bought a new house before in the history of the world. But it is our dream house.
14. What song will always remind you of 2012?
Anything by Adele.
15. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder?
b) thinner or fatter?
About the same
c) richer or poorer?
Poorer (have I mentioned a new house yet?)
16. What do you wish you’d done more of?
17. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Listen to the builder’s excuses for why things weren’t getting done.
18. How did you spend Christmas?
Christmas Eve with my family, Christmas Day with the boy’s family. Same as always.
19. Did you fall in love in 2012?
Nope, I already have my boy.
20. What was your favorite TV program?
The Big Bang Theory. It’s amazing that I’m not bored of it yet.
21. What was the best book you read?
I really enjoyed Rob Lowe’s autobiography, Stories I Only Tell My Friends. The Help by Katherine Stockett was good too, but needed a serious edit to be truly great.
22. What was your favourite film of this year?
I haven’t seen it yet as I’m writing this before it’s released in Australia, but I’m pretty sure it’s going to be The Hobbit. Checking back in my archives, I didn’t do any movie reviews this year so obviously I’ve seen nothing that good.
23. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 39, and went to dinner at Rockpool. It was delightful, as always.
24. What kept you sane?
Knowing that this year would be over, eventually.
25. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I am very faithful. My man George Clooney never lets me down. In other news, how does he keep getting better looking?
26. Who did you miss?
I have missed seeing my friends Carol and Andy. We have both been slack about keeping in touch this year and I’m going to remedy that very soon.
27. Who was the best new person you met?
A new girl at work, I can see us becoming quite good friends.