My photos on Flickr
Click here to see last year’s answers for comparison. And feel free to do this on your own blogs! Let me know if you do so I can see your answers.
1. What did you do in 2013 that you’d never done before?
It’s not something I’ve never done before, but this year we had lots and lots of dinner parties. A rare event for us.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don’t make resolutions.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Nope, no new babies this year.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
The USA. Photos here.
6. What would you like to have in 2014 that you lacked in 2013?
Nothing. I am a very lucky girl.
7. What dates from 2013 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
27 September and 6 October, I finally got to meet some of my very longest term online friends.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I don’t know… I can’t think of anything amazing that I’ve done this year.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Nothing exciting here this year either. Clearly it’s been quite the average year for me.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I had two killer sinus infections. Made me want to chop my head off both times.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
I didn’t buy it, but the weather station the Boy bought me for my birthday is totally awesome.
12. Where did most of your money go?
Holidays. Not a bad way to spend it really.
13. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Nothing. My year has been average, as I mentioned earlier.
14. What song will always remind you of 2013?
Anything by Luke Kennedy.
15. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder?
b) thinner or fatter?
About the same
c) richer or poorer?
16. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Swim in my pool!
17. What do you wish you’d done less of?
18. How did you spend Christmas?
The same as always: Christmas Eve with my family, Christmas Day with the Boy’s family.
19. Did you fall in love in 2013?
I am still in love with my Boy.
20. What was your favorite TV program?
Still loving The Big Bang Theory, but this year I also got on the True Blood bandwagon. Honorable mention to the final season of Breaking Bad, which was AMAZING. The finale will go down in history as one of the best ever (although still not quite in the class of Goodbye, Farewell and Amen).
21. What was the best book you read?
I read all the Sookie Stackhouse (True Blood) books and enjoyed them. Life and Laughing: My Story by Michael McIntyre had me in tears at times, and Ghost Child by Caroline Overington was beautifully written. You know, the tragic part is I had to go to my Amazon account to see which books I’d bought for my Kindle to answer this question.
22. What was your favourite film of this year?
Star Trek: Into Darkness was a thousand times better than I was expecting. I haven’t seen it yet but I’m expecting the second Hobbit movie to be pretty good too.
23. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned the big 4-0, and had a massive party at home. It was great. We also went to Vue de Monde for dinner on my actual birthday, and it was spectacular.
24. What kept you sane?
I’m not sure, I think I may have gone a little mad this year.
25. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Robert Downey Jr. I still adore George Clooney.
26. Who did you miss?
Huffle Mawson. She was the best cat ever.
27. Who was the best new person you met?
I am not sure I met any new people this year. I told you it was an average year!